As the clock hits 0:00, fireworks blasted into the air and we cheer and celebrate for the special event. Holiday firework extravaganza pretty much happen few times a year, and we human does enjoy it and seem can never get enough of it. How about our four-legged friend? Do you think they enjoy them? Statistics shown that most dogs are SCARE of fireworks. The loud noise and lights frightens them and there are few things you can do to make it easier for them.
- Don’t take them to events with fireworks.
- Make sure all pets always have their collars and ID tags. In case they got frighten and run off, people can still contact you when they found them.
- If fireworks are being set off nearby, find a quiet, secure place to keep your dog. Darkening the room or crating can help. You can also close the curtains and turn up the radio, CD player or TV to drown out the noise.
- Do not leave your dog outside, a frighten dog will do anything and it could jump and cause injury to them.
- If your dog is frightened, do not comfort them; as this rewards the fear behavior and will encourage him to repeat it. Instead try to distract them with a physical activity such as playing ball.
- Never punish your dog for being frightened!!