As the clock hits 0:00, fireworks blasted into the air and we cheer and celebrate for the special event. Holiday firework extravaganza pretty much happen few times a year, and we human does enjoy it and seem can never get enough of it. How about our four-legged friend? Do you think they enjoy them? Statistics shown that most dogs are SCARE of fireworks. The loud noise and lights frightens them and there are few things you can do to make it easier for them.
- Don’t take them to events with fireworks.
- Make sure all pets always have their collars and ID tags. In case they got frighten and run off, people can still contact you when they found them.
- If fireworks are being set off nearby, find a quiet, secure place to keep your dog. Darkening the room or crating can help. You can also close the curtains and turn up the radio, CD player or TV to drown out the noise.
- Do not leave your dog outside, a frighten dog will do anything and it could jump and cause injury to them.
- If your dog is frightened, do not comfort them; as this rewards the fear behavior and will encourage him to repeat it. Instead try to distract them with a physical activity such as playing ball.
- Never punish your dog for being frightened!!
當時鐘跳至0:00時, 煙花四起, 大家帶著興奮的心情去興祝這一天的節日. 過年過節煙花表現演而成為固定節目. 人類都非常喜歡看煙花, 但狗狗呢? 你覺得牠們跟您一樣愛看煙花表演嗎? 調查指出大部份的狗狗都害怕煙花. 煙花的大聲響和光會令狗狗害怕, 下面幾點可以幫助狗狗在煙花表演時好過一點.
- 要替狗狗帶項圈, 上面要掛有您和狗狗資料的名牌. 萬一狗狗受驚嚇走失了, 找到牠的人可以跟您連絡.
- 如果附近在放煙花, 把狗狗安置在一個安靜和安全的地方. 把房間弄暗或給狗狗在籠子也可以. 把窗簾關上, 播放收音機或音樂去減少煙花的響聲.
- 如果狗狗害怕, 不要安慰牠; 安慰只會慫恿牠容易害怕. 應該試著用遊戲如丟球去分散牠的注意力.